Reindeer skins / hides / boar skins
We have full reindeer skins / hides, as well as full boar skins for sale. The reindeer skins come from the wilds of Lappland in the Arctic and herded by traditional Saami farmers. The boar skins come from the Black Forest in Western Europe.
CA5501 - Reindeer Hide
Full reindeer hide from Lappland.
- These reindeer skins come direct from Saami herds fed in the wilds of Lappland.
- The traditional Saami economy has revolved around the reindeer herd since ancient times and now, as always, no part of the animal goes to waste.
- The hollow hairs of reindeer hides make them incredibly warm and insulating.
- Very soft and subtle, fully tanned and finished, with no felt backing, just natural.
- Size 150cm x 110cm (59 x 43") approx.
£168.00 (US$ | €)
MMBS - Boar Skin
A whole complete boar skin.
- The hide is rough and ready, with no felt backing.
- Ideal for use as a rug, wall hanging, or even a cloak!
- Medium size available at present.
- Sizes are approximate and are listed next to each selection.
£236.00 (US$ | €)